Yes, we went Whale watching today! We got up at 4:30, watched the sun rise at 4:51, had breakfast on Cottage Street in Bar Harbor and then went whale watching. We rode on the "Friendship V". According to the GPS, it is a boat that can cut through the seas at 30-33 mph. It took us from 68.2 W 48.23 N to 67.34 W and 44.9 N. Unfortunately, the app that could have told me that distance, I forgot to set.
|
It was a bit chilly out there, as you can see. Actually, the temperature wasn't cold, but at 30 mph or more.... the wind chill was a killer! When we got to the feeding area, called the "Ball Park", the sun came out and it was quite pleasant!
|
 The girls were cold, but they loved it! However, they were very quite in the car afterwards... The cold air takes it out of you!
|
 Here are some of the other shots we got of the flukes. They said that this is probably a juvenile humpback. Rare to see it alone. The observer didn't recognize it as one they know.
|
 The best shot of a fluke was probably taken at the highest zoom -- I think that is why it's a little blurry.
|
 We also saw birds... this one was rare, but I didn't get it's name...
|

We also saw lighthouses. Again, I didn't catch the names.
|

|
So exciting! Charlie and I did a whale watch when we were in Boston and it was one of the favorite parts of the trip! Glad you got to experience it.
ReplyDeleteMary
That is AWESOME!!!!!!! While in Boston make sure you check out the tall boats if they are in.
ReplyDelete